Pt.1 - Trainer's Manual. Pt.2 - DVD. This program aims to increase people’s awareness of heat hazards in the workplace by identifying specific heat related hazards and examining a range of engineering and administrative controls, as well as individual behaviours, that can reduce the risk of heat related illnesses and injuries.
The program looks at:
* How the body gets rid of heat
* Causes of heat related illnesses and injuries
* Specific heat related illnesses, such as:
* The signs and symptoms of heat related illnesses
* Basic first aid
* Ways of preventing heat related illnesses and injuries
The program is designed to suit any work environment where heat may be a potential hazard, and provide people with a practical understanding of the types of control measures that can be implemented to reduce the health risks associated with heat hazards in the workplace. Through increasing people’s awareness of heat hazards the risk of heat related illnesses and injuries can be reduced. 17 minutes.