Good housekeeping directly relates to workplace safety, yet is often overlooked. Some of the points covered in this programme are:
· The workplace should be kept clean and tidy by clearing away discarded materials and tools that are no longer required.
· Floor surfaces are important since many injuries involve slips, trips and falls.
· Storage areas are a source of potential danger and should be checked regularly.
· Maintenance of all equipment is vital in any workplace.
· Staying vigilant, particularly paying attention to visitors and new employees, will help to reduce injuries.