Sets out requirements for electrical installations associated with transportable structures and vehicles intended for connection to low-voltage a.c. supply systems (i.e. exceeding 50 V a.c. but not exceeding 1 000 V a.c.). For the purposes of this standard the term transportable structure includes vehicles and structures with or without wheels that are capable of being readily moved from one site to another either under their own motive power or otherwise.
Includes the following transportable structure:
- Vehicles offering accommodation, including caravans
- Vending vans and trailers, mobile classrooms and broadcast vans
- Relocatable homes and huts, tensts and annexes to hts
- Temporary office sites, cloakrooms, dormitories, canteens and toilets on construction and demolition sites
- Display units not intended for accommodation
Incorporates Amendment 1 - June 2012.