In many factories around the world, workers face conditions that harm their health, endanger their lives, and keep them poor. This book provides tools to change that to support workers health promoters, union organizers, and employers in their efforts to create safer workplaces. The techniques in the book are useful in any factory, and especially in the garment, shoe, and electronics industries.
- How to recognise workplace dangers caused by chemicals, machines, and more.
- Practical solutions to common workplace problems.
- How to be a workers health promoter, and ideas for training.
- Activities and stories from workers and organizers.
- How to fight violence, gender discrimination, abuse of migrant workers, and low wages, which all affect workers health.
- Work-related information on first aid, nutrition, mental health, family planning, and how to avoid HIV, TB, and other diseases.