Describes the fundamental concepts and principles of quality management which are universally applicable to the following:
- organisations seeking sustained success through the implementation of a quality management system;
- customers seeking confidence in an organisation’s ability to consistently provide products and services conforming to their requirements;
- organisations seeking confidence in their supply chain that product and service requirements will be met;
- organisations and interested parties seeking to improve communication through a common understanding of the vocabulary used in quality management;
- organisations performing conformity assessments against the requirements of ISO 9001;
- providers of training, assessment or advice in quality management;
- developers of related standards.