In 2008 new nationally consistent Heavy Vehicle Driver Fatigue laws were introduced in South Australia and in all other states and territories (except WA and the ACT). The new laws consider the health and well-being of heavy vehicle (including bus) drivers, aiming to help drivers get home safely by requiring that all parties in the chain-of-responsibility take ‘reasonable steps’ to prevent driver fatigue. The laws stress that the causes of fatigue are a responsibility shared by off-road parties in the supply chain and unrealistic driver schedules and consigner demands and practices are not acceptable.
This DVD is intended to be an educational tool aimed at all affected parties in the transport supply chain. It provides an overview of the national model legislation highlighting major aspects and implications of the new laws. 15 minutes.
The information kit contains:
- National driver work diary daily sheet.
- Fatigue update newsletter.
- Checklist 1 - Standard hours.
- Checklist 2 - Basic fatigue management.
- Checklist 3 - Advanced fatigue management.
- Fact sheet 1 - Understanding heavy vehicle driver fatigue legislation.
- Fact sheet 2 - Operating options.
- Fact sheet 3 - Training in fatigue management.
- Fact sheet 4 - Fatigue and chain of responsibility.
- Fact sheet 5 - Two-up driving hours.
- Fact sheet 6 - Bus and coach sector driving hours.
- Fact sheet 7 - Napping.
- Fact sheet 8 - Record keeping.
- Fact sheet 9 - Penalties.
- Fact sheet 10 - Fatigue laws : transitional arrangements.