Offers an approach to crisis preparation. It informs us about what we should know ahead of time, how to prepare, and the best ways to respond to a nuclear or radiological incident either as an emergency responder or community member. Organized to serve both as a preparation guide and as a reference in a crisis, this book:
- Details protocols for both accidental and intentional radiation emergencies such as nuclear explosions and dirty bombs
- Shows how to prepare a family emergency plan
- Covers medical responses to radiation emergencies including radiation drugs
- Provides an emergency supply list
- Discusses radiation from microwaves and cellular phones as well as food irradiation
This book provides the factual details and the approach needed to proactively prepare for any radiation emergency, while also inspiring the confidence that good crisis management requires.