If you've worked hard to gain a health and safety qualification and are keen to put what you've learnt into practice, this book is for you. It doesn't tell you about how or what to manage - you know where to find this information already. Instead, it offers some tips on how to put your knowledge and skills successfully into practice.
- avoiding the stereotypical 'clipboard and cagoule' image
- looking at the bigger picture, including corporate social responsibility
- tailoring your health and safety strategy, management system and training programmes to your organisation's needs
- making sense of auditing
- overcoming inaction in your colleagues
- getting and keeping directors' attention
- putting your message across to middle managers
- motivating employees
Be the best is for anyone who needs practical advice on overcoming the traditional human, financial and cultural barriers to implementing a world-class health and safety strategy. Environmental, quality and wider risk management professionals will also find plenty to interest them, as there is a wide overlap between these areas and health and safety.