Provides a succinct overview of the future changes to work health and safety laws in Australia. Written by leading OHS expert Michael Tooma, and Barry Sherriff who was a member of the National OHS Review Panel and on whose recommendations the laws are based.
This plain English guide explains the reasons behind the harmonisation of the upcoming laws and processes in order to give a clear understanding of the expected changes and their implications.
It contains information relating to:
- The path to harmonisation
- Primary duties of care
- Officer's duties of care
- Rights and duties of workers and other people at workplaces
- Public sector obligations
- Workplace participation and protection
- Enforcement and compliance.
This overview has been designed for OHS professionals who need to be prepared ahead of the 2012 changes and face the challenge of applying this legislation to their business.