Without oxygen being passed from the lungs to the blood stream and then pumped around the body by the heart a person will die. This program looks at the technique for performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation on adults, in accordance with the current resuscitation guidelines.
The program covers:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) procedure
- How to conduct CPR on an adult casualty
- How to deliver Rescue Breaths
- How to deliver chest compressions
- How to use a Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- CPR with two rescuers
- Rescuer health and hygiene
The program is suitable for use in any workplace and has been designed specifically as a refresher course and training aid for people who have already been or are being trained in CPR.