Formerly titled A Physician's guide to return to work, this publication is designed to help physicians and primary care professionals understand risk, capacity, and tolerance, and to guide the reader through work ability and work cases for numerous diagnoses and body systems. Chapters are organized by body system. Includes the latest medical literature reviewed by experts and step-by-step guidance to help negotiate return to work cases.
Highlights of the second edition include:
- Four new chapters: Gastrointestinal, Genitourinary, Obstetric and Hematology-Oncology
- Updated approaches and references from more than 20 new contributors
- Implications of unemployment, medication, work aspects and driving
- Forms that can be used to communicate return to work guidelines
- Tips on negotiating with patients
- Current science on functional capacity evaluations
- Tables containing recommended disability durations by diagnosis
- A new chapter featuring international perspectives on return to work.