This volume brings together research from diverse disciplinary backgrounds investigating how we can define and operationalise a bio-psychosocial model of ill-health to improve work participation in middle and later life.
- Work, health and wellbeing : an introduction
- Musculoskeletal disorders : challenges and opportunities
- Common mental health problems and work
- Comparing health and employment in England and the USA
- Re-evaluating trends in the employment of disabled people in Britain
- The current state of vocational rehabilitation services
- The changing profile of incapacity claimants
- Reconstructing the self and social identity : new interventions for returning long-term Incapacity Benefit recipients to work
- The fall of work stress and the rise of wellbeing
- 'Work Ability' : a practical model for improving the quality of work, health and wellbeing across the life-course?
- Working for longer : self-management of chronic health problems in the workplace
- Case study : organisational change and employee health and wellbeing in the NHS
- Education and training in the workplace
- Conclusion : setting the agenda for future research.