A consolidation of the new laws that will come into place on 1 January 2012. It sets out the new work health and safety (WHS) laws which commenced operation on 1 January 2012. This title provides a detailed commentary on the WHS Act and WHS Regulations and highlights the subtle jurisdictional differences that appear throughout each of the State, Territory and Commonwealth WHS Acts. Its Introductory chapters set out how WHS laws developed in Australia and explains the key concepts that underpin the new WHS laws.
- Explains key concepts that underpin the new WHS laws.
- Sets out the WHS Act and WHS Regulations.
- Provides detailed commentary to WHS Act and WHS Regulations.
- Format allows reader to easily understand jurisdictional differences in WHS Act.
- Convenient reference guide for current rules and regulations
Chapter 1: History of Work Health and Safety Laws
Chapter 2: Overview of Work Health and Safety Laws
Chapter 3: Work Health and Safety Act (with detailed commentary and jurisdictional differences)
Chapter 4: Work Health and Safety Act: Additional Parts & Schedules (specific to adopting jurisdictions)
Chapter 5: Work Health and Safety Regulations (with detailed commentary)