Provides recommendations and practical solutions for improving health and safety in the workplace. The authors recognize and promote workplace health and safety as essential for sustained long-term profitability of all organizations, regardless of the industry.
The book emphasizes the potential for sustained improvements in workplace health and safety from understanding:
- How business environment trends can guide approaches to managing health and safety in the workplace
- The importance of safety management systems (SMS)
- The benefits of integrating process safety management (PSM) into your business practices
- How leadership commitment and shared learning in health and safety can improve the workplace and that leveraging shared learning in safety helps you avoid repeat and similar incidents
- The importance of leveraging contractor safety management to generate real improvements in workplace safety
- Proactively identifying gaps in organizational SMS and addressing them by using audits as a collaborative process.
The authors explore different leadership styles and detail their pros and cons in the workplace. Compiling this knowledge into a single book provides a holistic approach to upgrading the way health and safety is managed in the workplace. It shows you how to take your organization from ordinary to world-class safety performance.