Provides you with a guide to the new laws, accompanied by a reproduction of the Model Work Health and Safety Act, to enable you to effectively transition to the new regime. It is crucial that people who work in, manage, own or even visit a place of work have a sound understanding of their new rights and obligations under the Model Work Health and Safety Legislation.
The book examines the major changes that the Model Work Health and Safety Act has made and sets out what steps you should be taking to ensure compliance with the new regime. It deals with the basics of the new laws and addresses the following key questions to enable you to transition to the new laws:
- Who are the new duty holders?
- What are the key duties?
- What is the definition of 'work' and 'workplace'?
- Where do the new laws apply?
- Which areas have increased penalties?
- What are the consultation requirements?
- How do you manage incidents?
- What are the new powers?