Every day, most of us face some sort of new challenge. That’s what this training is about. Giving people the tools to deal with new situations safely and efficiently. In this program, we discover squirrels come armed naturally with a range safety skills including the ability to do dynamic risk assessments. But they were making it look a bit too easy. So we set one squirrel a challenge. A mission impossible obstacle course. The aim was to find out how good he really is at assessing and minimising risk, and learn from him.
This DVD includes: Dynamic risk assessment; Identifying new risk situations; Tackling risk in new and emerging situations; Dealing with new hazards; Independent safety; Skills and strategies for the lone workers or people who operate on the move; Taking responsibility for personal safety; and Understanding how independent safety is different and why it is so important
The package includes:
- The Bushy Tailed Guide to Working Safely - A support film highlighting safety techniques for the independent worker (3.5 minutes duration)
- A support booklet containing additional information and tools to improve the training experience
- A powerpoint presentation on lone worker safety
- The film scripts
- Handouts for those doing the training
- Exercises to get people thinking about independent safety
- Discussion points
- Plans of action for safety trainees
- Promotional activities to help you build Squirrel Safety into your own safety initiatives
- Posters to remind people about the lessons they have learned.
Beautifully filmed by BBC nature crews this film grabs attention, entertains and inspires people to work safely every day. 9 minutes.