Successful leadership today is all about human behaviour. It's about understanding the way people and organisations behave, creating relationships, building commitment, and adapting your own behaviour to lead in a creative and motivating way. This book is based on a series of lectures given by the author over many years. Although based on research into leadership, it is intended as a practical workbook for those who want to learn more about leadership in practice.
1. Decoding the human mystique : using the prism of the clinical paradigm
2. Emotional intelligence in the world of work
3. The mussel syndrome
4. The failure factor in leadership
5. The Dilbert phenomenon
6. The rot at the top
7. Achieving personal and organizational change
8. Characteristics of effective leadership
9. Leadership in a global context
10. Roles leaders play
11. The dynamics of succession
12. Leadership development
13. Best places to work : authentizotic organizations
14. Final thoughts.