The General guide for managing risks in forestry operations provides information for persons conducting a business or undertaking on how to manage risks in forestry operations.
This Guide is supported by specific guidance material for:
- growing and managing forests
- cable logging
- coupe and harvesting site access and preparation
- timber harvesting operations
- log landings
- log extraction
- loading, transporting and unloading logs
- infield processing of forest products
- plant and equipment for forestry operations, and
- general hazards in forestry operations.
The Information Sheet: Forestry operations has also been developed to provide advice for small businesses and workers on managing risks in forestry operations.
Definitions used in the forestry material are also provided.